Thursday, October 20, 2011

web design on thursday

Yea its Mark again.. blogging here at the Websnare Web Development and Design blog page at Blogger.. By the way, Blogger uses the Google Log-in service to know my credentials. New log-ins are certainly available to make the log-in experience more user friendly. However, one must question if this is really convenience or laziness on the part of the developers. In this case, I think it is convenience.
Do I think that this type of log-in is prone to attack or "hack-ing".  Possibly, probably just as much as the username and password log-in fields themselves. The way to "fake" a log-in is probably almost as easy.
I will certainly start to pay more attention to this type of internet vulnerability. I do have many sites that I have implemented some type of system that transfers log-in credentials and eases the pain of login.
Cookies were used for this purpose and still are in many cases. This has its own set of issues.
Without getting into the "uber-geek" stuff, I think that the internet has never been so secure. Currently, there are many ways to insure a secure connection and know that your safely viewing your online data. The cloud and advances in the infrastructure of the internet with https and encryption technologies have created a pretty safe playing field for those with a wired connection. Those who play in the wireless world - I claim very little understanding here. Although, at one time I used to climb wi-fi towers to replace antenna arrays. I enjoyed this job very much - peaceful and challenging. However, it is certainly not a good job for those who have fear of heights. I do not have a great fear of heights until I am over 250' off the deck. This is one of the things I learned from the job as a wi-fi antenna repair guy.  The other thing I noticed was that I could view wi-fi connections and see the data stream by...I do not know if this has changed much since my employment.
Like I said, I claim very little understanding about wi-fi encryption and security. I do own an Ipad2 and I love it. It was my first Apple product in years - I primarily work on PC or Linux. I have had many experiences with the Apple brand, from my first computer, to the recording studio (protools HD).
Anyway back to the grind :).. hope you enjoyed my rant.

3 comments:

  1. What a informative and interesting post you have shared here and i get it clear about this topic.Website Hosting India

    ReplyDelete
  2. The information is precisely one of the desirable source every reader should takes place of. Keep on partaking such useful information. Good Luck

    web design jacksonville

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have study much concerning without charge blogging web pages, but I have no clear idea about that, can any one advise me which one is finest in favor of free blogging and site-building?

    Regards,
    Top 13 Medical Website Design Examples.

    ReplyDelete